Friday, June 27, 2008

Cycling Chiang Rai to Phaya Mengrai

Wake at 5.30am, had some light breakfast. Cycling to Phaya Mengrai is 53km. It takes me about 4hrs. This road is small road and less traffic.My Bicycle is resting, at lake near Phaya Mengrai.I stop at junction to ask for direction to Chiang Khong. I met a friendly good speaking school teacher, She explain me very clearly. I never seen any Thai women speaking good English like her. The most expensive place I pay in my travel. It's call Bansuwan Resort. I pay 35RM for a night very clear and beautiful bed and toilet. Hope to go the best sleep. Today is my last day in Thailand. I will cycle to Chiang Khong and take a boat to cross the Mekong river to Laos.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

David, we are so proud of you. I can't believe you are still cycling. You are an inspiration to everyone. If you ever decide to cycle in the US come visit Gene and I. We had a great time with you.
-Jessica

Unknown said...

David, this is Albert and Vivien, your South African friends. great to hear of your adventure and wish you well. we have just retured from an exciting 1 month Madagascar cycle.have always wanted to cycle China so we will be following your story. go well my good friend....

uruguay said...

hey david,
lets go to chinese lesson 2.
wo jiao David=im david.

now u can say hello,im david in chinese: nihao, wo jiao david.

cheers
leo